Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Seeking Princess party attendess

I made a mommy friend yesterday! That's the mother of my child's friend. We aren't necessarily friends but our children are friends. Why is this exciting to me? Because I don't call myself anti-social but some would. It's just harder for me to try and make "Mommy Friends" because I'm so young and all of the activities my daughter has joined have kids with moms who are much older and well established in their careers. Which brings me to another point.
I know I'm not the only young mom but it seems that allot of the extra curricular activities that I attend that are for my daughter have kids with moms that are much older and established. Is it that younger parents can't afford to put there children in these activities? Are we to consumed in our own personal growth to provide these great opportunities for our children? Or do we just not know any better? I don't know what the answer is and I may be wrong about my assumptions. But it sure would be great to see more of my age range in attendance.
So Journey will soon have her first play date! Hopefully because she took my number and said she'd text me hers and I have yet to hear from her. I feel like a new kid at school trying to make friends for my daughters sake. But it's fun! Journey only has her boy cousins down here which is awesome because I won't have to worry about her toughening up . But it sure would be fun to have some girl-friends to invite to her 5th Princess Party next year!

1 comment:

  1. I remember going through that phase, the Mommy friends is an network just like any other and it takes some time to establish. What I found was that I didn't necessarily always find friends who were just like me but the fun of the experience is getting different perspectives.

    ReplyDelete