Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dear Jersey

Dear Jersey,





I'm sitting here on Saturday night thinking about the times we spent together. You've been there from the start and for some reason I can't let you go. I mean it's not that I want to, I just need a little space, I mean .. I..




(Exhale)


.


You’re flowing through my veins,


And when it rains,


I wish it was your storms,


Your lightning and thunderous ways,


Missing those nights we drove together,


With your chilly winds flowing through my cracked windows,


Just what I needed to keep me up late at night


And you never worrying whispering “She knows,”





She knows that I live in her and flow through her,


She knows..





Loud music living by the lyrics and never denying the bass,


And no matter how crowded, I always had my space, my place,





I remember the day I fell in love with you,


It’s so funny how we’ve been through it all,


And only time forced me to fall,


And I fell Hard... For you,





Then it was us,


The laughs the tears,


The minutes the years,





I’m missing the way you kissed my spirit,


And hugged my soul,


We had so much in common,


I swore we’d grow old together,


A bond so thick tough as leather,




You felt it with me,


And saw through my eyes,


When I thought I couldn’t, but did,


You knew how many tries,


Then I left,


I left you all alone,


I left,




I know you think I’m crazy for saying this,


For Speaking out,





I left, Right?


This time you speak outside of a whisper,


“You left Me”





I hear your pain,


And sometimes it pulls me in,


Almost moving back to what we had,


..Jersey.. girl for life, I mean your girl for Life right?





Where do ..Jersey.. and I really stand?


Do you want me back or is it the idea,


Because year after year,


We go through this,


Never fails,


My heart yearns for your touch,


Embracing my thoughts,


Jersey’s impeccable style,


On my face it kept a smile,




No matter where I move,


No one, I mean no place compares,


Not even close,


Your holding me back ..Jersey..!


You’ve set the bar, reset the standards.





(Inhale)





My fantasy was always a reality,


Then I left…





I left…

2 comments:

  1. DAMN (excuse my french) girl.... YOU ARE DEEP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "New Jersey's gift to its poets . . . is that it's a place of many places, essentially amorphous, freeing us to look at the world."
    – Stephen Dun

    ReplyDelete