Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Wonder (8.18.08)



I watched as it walked by
Then that infamous knot swelled in my throat
Because I felt it leaving me
But once again I was watching,
Hating the moment, every moment that chose to leave,
Regretting my non-actions
Forgetting the oath I made to myself
Relentlessly trying to hold on
    And selfishly letting go, each and every time,
 That moment captured emotion
                All balled up
Trying to level out, but only sticking to
   One side or the other
But I’m still watching and speaking
   And enjoying the thought of actually
                                Doing
So others live, in my way
   Breath up my path
     And eat up my dream
    before I allow it to rot
         In the pits of nothing
   So I sit and watch
On a park bench, where wonder seems to be the
   Only occupant of my time………


1 comment:

  1. I think you are gifted, talented and should consider putting all of this beautiful work in a book. Thanks for sharing. You bout one deep "sister" or should I say "niece".
    Love, Auntie Tut

    ReplyDelete